Home > About WRPS > Our Heritage

Our Heritage

Woodlands Ring Primary began its journey in 1997, being temporarily housed in Woodlands Ring Secondary School. We officially opened the gates to our new building in 1998 and have been operating in the same premises since then. The school was officially opened on 27 July 2001 by Associate Professor Chin Tet Yung, then MP for Sembawang GRC.

Guiding our school in the beginning years was our first principal, Mr David Teo. He served our school from its inception right up till December 2004. Under his guidance, the school developed key programmes, such as ALOHA (Active Learning through Orchid Hybridisation), which helped Woodlands Ring Primary School to gain recognition for its innovation.

Our second principal, Mrs Manokara, took over the helm of the school in January 2005 and led the school until December 2011. Under her guidance, the school took bigger steps in terms of the development of teachers and students. Notable changes include a new staff room in 2006 and getting the teachers more specialised in the subjects they taught. Key school events, like Stars Nite, were also conceptualised during Mrs Manokara’s tenure. 

Our third and current Principal, Miss Chiam Lee Meng, took over the reins of the school in January 2012. Under Miss Chiam’s captaincy, the school has sailed through a school-wide renovation project that has led to improved facilities and bigger classrooms. 

1001.JPG
1002.JPG